Celebrate fall in downtown Wilmington, NC at our favorite fall party: Riverfest! This fall festival has Wilmingtonians and visitors celebrating in the street every October since 1979. Join in the fun on Water Street from Market Street to Cape Fear Community College November 19- 20, 2016 beginning at 9:30 a.m.
Don’t forget that other celebration of the Cape Fear River: Cape Fear Riverboat cruises! Hour-long sightseeing cruises depart from Water and Dock Streets on the Riverwalk. Riverfest and a Riverboat cruise make a dynamic duo!
Riverfest Includes These Great Events
- Arts and Crafts: We love the amazing art at Riverfest! You’ll find paintings, woodcrafts, jewelry, and sculpture in the booths along Water Street.
- Street Fair: Get all your favorite fair foods, like turkey legs, waffle cones, and lemonade, at Riverfest’s street fair along the Cape Fear River.
- Live Music: Dozens of bands will perform at Riverfest, providing entertainment for every musical taste from bluegrass to classic rock to jazz. Expect a variety of entertainment on several stages. And it’s free!
- Beer Garden: Yes, you can! Mingle with friends and enjoy the music and a brew at the Beer Garden.
- Fireworks: Saturday night at sundown, get down to the Riverwalk to enjoy the special Riverfest fireworks!
- Exhibitions and competitions: On Market Street, cool classic cars and trucks will be on display. Stop by and admire the vintage looks! And check out stand-up paddleboard races on the river, a skateboard tournament, motocross, and the Great Waiters Wine Race.
- Kids’ Area: There’s an Adventure Zone and Kidz Zone to keep the younger crowd happy!
- Miss Riverfest: Don’t miss the second annual crowning of Miss Riverfest, who will be hostess at the festival.
A Cape Fear River Cruise Celebrates Our River, Too
Get out in the water at Riverfest! Take a narrated sightseeing cruise on one of our three riverboats: The Capt. J.N. Maffitt, the John Knox, and our newest addition, Jacob’s Run.
Your feet might get tired during a day of Riverfest fun, so rest up on one of our hour-long sightseeing cruises. Learn about the importance of the Cape Fear River, local wildlife and marine life, and a little history, including fun facts about movies and TV shows filmed here.
If you haven’t seen it yet, check out our newly expanded River Grill. Get a burger and a drink (beer and wine are available) while you sit by the dock, or carry your order on the boat and enjoy your meal while you cruise!
You’ll find our ticket booth at Dock and Water Streets just steps from Riverfest, or order your tickets online. Don’t miss Wilmington’s dynamic duo: Riverfest and a river cruise!