Downtown Wilmington is the place to be for Valentine’s Day! Food, entertainment, and outdoor activities add to the romantic ambience of the Cape Fear River and historic Wilmington, NC. We’ve chosen a few of our favorite Valentine’s Day ideas to get you started on your plans.
No matter what you do to celebrate Valentine’s Day 2017, make Cape Fear Riverboats part of your riverside Valentine’s Day. A gift certificate for a romantic cruise on the river is an unexpected treat for your sweetie!
- Hop aboard the J.N. Maffitt, John Knox, or Jacob’s Run for a one-hour narrated sightseeing cruise on the Cape Fear River.
- Learn about the history of the river, local marine and animal life, and fun facts about the movie industry in Wilmington
- Bring along a snack or beverage from the River Grill located dockside
- Bring your camera along to take Valentine selfies with your honey!
During the winter season, call (910) 343-1611 for cruise times. Happy Valentine’s Day to all you lovers!
See a Valentine Show in Downtown Wilmington
- I’m with Cupid runs Jan. 27 to Feb. 18, 2017 at TheatreNow, with a special dinner show on Feb. 14, 2017. Cupid is all grown up in this play, and after four centuries, is ready for love. Circle of Friends speed dating service gladly takes him as a client.
- Thalian Hall presents They’re Playing Our Song 9 to 19, 2017. Neil Simon’s funny, romantic musical about an established composer and his relationship with an aspiring young female lyricist has romantic mayhem but a happy ending, of course.
Dinner Downtown Makes a Romantic Valentine Date
Choose your favorite downtown restaurant for a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner. It’s a popular evening for restaurants, so make reservations for Valentine’s Day (Tuesday in 2017) or a weekend day before or after. Inquire about specials like prix fixe dinners at Pinpoint, Caprice, or Rx.
Take a Carriage Ride Through Downtown Wilmington
A moonlight carriage ride for two with a red rose, a box of chocolates, and a private evening coach makes a grand gesture Feb. 10 to 14, 2017. The intimate, romantic ride through downtown Wilmington will capture your honey’s heart.
The Heart Ball is a Romantic Evening Downtown
This beloved annual ball celebrates the Heart Association’s work—perfect for Valentine’s Day! An elegant evening that helps fund heart research and health in Wilmington and across the country, the Wilmington Heart Ball is Feb. 18, 2017 at the Wilmington Convention Center downtown.