For a romantic date, think of the water—specifically, the Cape Fear River. There’s nothing quite as romantic as a cozy picnic for the two of you aboard a Cape Fear River cruise.
Cape Fear Riverboats is Wilmington’s Favorite Sightseeing Cruise Line
The rendezvous is perfect for romance. Just come to our ticket booth on the Riverwalk at Dock and Water Streets, or reserve your tickets online. Then step aboard the Capt. J.N. Maffitt, the John Knox, or Jacob’s Run, all piloted by the oldest continuously running cruise company in Wilmington.
You’ll relax with beautiful scenery (including great views of downtown Wilmington) and entertaining narration from our captain, who highlights local wildlife, history, and fun facts about TV shows and movies filmed in Wilmington.
Yes, bring your own picnic aboard!
Planning a Romantic Picnic Cruise on the Cape Fear River
For best results, plan your romantic date in advance. It isn’t too hard to assemble a small picnic feast for the cruise.
- If you’re handy in the kitchen, nothing beats cold fried chicken for a picnic. Add a potato or macaroni salad and sliced fruit for dessert.
- If you’re one of those people who can’t boil water, never fear! Wield your grocery-shopping skills in the deli section. Cold cuts, cheeses, and a crusty loaf of bread are welcome picnic fare.
- Plenty of picnickers like to grab a sandwich from downtown stand-by’s Chops Deli, the Wayfarer, or Detour Deli. These favorite restaurants have everything you need for a takeout picnic.
- Don’t forget beverages. BYOB, including beer and wine. What could be more romantic than popping a cork aboard a lovely cruise? Bring along a little water, too.
- Wear comfortable shoes and maybe even bring along a sweater if the weather suggests. The rive can cool off quickly, especially in the evening.
- Bring napkins.
Just the Beverages, Please
If you or your date would rather eat in one of downtown Wilmington’s great restaurants, have a nice sit-down dinner and bring a bottle of your favorite wine to share later, on the ride. Or pack up a couple of your sweetie’s best microbrews. Don’t forget the church key or the corkscrew.
Afterward, Take a Stroll
Walk off your moveable feast with a stroll on the Riverwalk or through beautiful downtown Wilmington.
To find out more, check cruise times, or book tickets for your romantic picnic cruise, go to Cape Fear Riverboats, or call (910) 343-1611.