When you’re looking for something to do this summer, put downtown Wilmington on your bucket list! Concerts, sightseeing, festivals, restaurants—downtown Wilmington, NC has it all.
While you’re downtown, stop by to see Cape Fear Riverboats at Dock and Water Streets. Take a refreshing cruise on the river and have a bite or a sip at our new floating River Grill. And put these items on your bucket list for downtown Wilmington:
Summer Concerts in Downtown Wilmington
- Downtown Sundown is Wilmington, NC’s signature concert series! Put at least one of these Friday night shows featuring tribute bands on your bucket list. The free shows start at 6 p.m. Friday nights through September 2 at Princess and Water Streets.
Sightseeing Tours of Wilmington, NC
If you live in Wilmington or if you’re visiting, put these great tours on your bucket list.
- Segway tours: You know you want to zoom around downtown Wilmington on a Segway! Take a 1-hour tour plus training for $40. Extended tours to historic landmarks and the waterfront are available, too.
- Trolley tours: Take a 45-minute guided tour of Wilmington at the top of each hour from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., starting at 106 S. Water St.
- Horsedrawn carriage tours: Ride the riverfront and past historic mansions on an old- fashioned ride through downtown Wilmington with rescued horses.
- Riverboat tours: Welcome aboard the J.N. Maffitt, John Knox and Jacob’s Run! Cruise the Cape Fear River for an hour, relax, and enjoy educational and entertaining narration by our captain on these fun Cape Fear River cruises.
Summer 2016 Festivals in Downtown Wilmington
When the weather warms up, get outdoors in downtown Wilmington! Here are a couple bucket-list festivals this summer.
- Cape Fear Blues Festival: Blues artists perform all around downtown Wilmington at venues like the Rusty Nail and Ted’s Fun on the River. June 17 through 19, 2016.
- Port City Rib Fest: This three-day celebration at North Waterfront Park brings together barbecue and music, not to mention fire dancers and sword swallowers. Aug. 5 through 7, 2016.
Try a New Restaurant in Wilmington, NC
- Platypus and Gnome offers eclectic food from around the world in an unusual atmosphere in the old Caffe Phoenix site on Front St.
- Kabob and Grill features traditional and unusual Indian fare in a convenient setting including outdoor dining at 5 Water St.
- NeMa Lounge and Eatery at 225 Water St. has scratch pizza, burgers, salads, and a variety of gluten-free options for the downtown Wilmington diner.
- The River Grill serves the finest riverside burgers in the state! Or have a beer, wine, soda, or an assortment of snacks. Take them along on your cruise or enjoy them dockside on the riverfront barge.
Don’t let summer 2016 pass you by without trying some of these classic downtown Wilmington experiences. Make your bucket list now!