All along the Cape Fear River, from Market Street to Cape Fear Community College, the streets will be full of festivities at Riverfest, Oct. 6-8, 2017. Wilmington’s annual fall celebration, Riverfest showcases downtown and our favorite river with a street festival that has something for everyone.
Riverfest offers crafts, concessions, a Kidz Zone, entertainment on several stages, Miss Riverfest, and Saturday night fireworks. We have our own favorite events, of course! Don’t miss these 5 amazing activities at this year’s Riverfest:
1. Don’t Miss the FREE Music at Wilmington Riverfest
Riverfest kicks off Friday night with a concert at the Beer Garden at the corner of Water and Princess Streets. Here’s the weekend lineup at the main stage:
- Friday: 6 p.m.: Travis Shallow and the Deep End
- Friday: 8-10:30 p.m.: Machine Gun
- Saturday: 12 p.m.: The Kyle Lindley Band
- Saturday: 1:45 p.m.: Massive Grass
- Saturday: 3:30 p.m.: Striking Copper
- Saturday: 6 p.m.: CC and Company
- Saturday: 8:30-10:30 p.m.: Uncle Hairy
- Sunday: 12 p.m.: Almost Brothers
- Sunday: 1:45 p.m.: Dirty White Rags
- Sunday: Jazzpell
2. Be There for Wilmington Riverfest Fireworks
Fireworks begin Saturday night when it’s good and dark, about 9 p.m. Oct. 7, 2017. It’s your last chance for Wilmington fireworks until New Year’s Eve, so don’t miss this Riverfest tradition!
3. Kids Won’t Want to Miss Riverfest’s Kidzone
Riverfest is a kids’ haven with the many activities at the Kidz Zone and stage. Kids won’t want to miss the rides, demonstrations, and guest appearances from favorite characters. You’ll find the Kidz Zone at the Cotton Exchange parking lot on Saturday and Sunday.
4. Riverfest is the Place for Classic Cars
Don’t miss the biggest classic car show this fall at Riverfest! Sun Coast Cruisers host a Classic Car Show Saturday, Oct. 7 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and the Cape Fear Chapter of the Antique Automobile Club of America take over with an antique car show on Sunday, Oct. 8 from 10:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
5. Don’t Miss the Best View of Wilmington from the River at Riverfest
The best way to rest your feet during the Riverfest action is aboard a Cape Fear Riverboat! See Wilmington as it’s meant to be seen, from the river, during the 2017 Riverfest. Cape Fear Riverboats depart from the foot of Dock Street for 1-hour narrated sightseeing cruises all of Riverfest weekend.
You’ll learn fun facts about Wilmington during your cruise, and you’ll get the best view of Wilmington, just the way people came to visit 100 years ago. Stop at the barge restaurant, Anne Bonny’s Bar and Grill, for provisions to take along on your Riverfest river cruise! Call (910) 343-1611 for more information.