When Friday night finally arrives, you’re finished with work and ready for some fun! But not everyone wants to hit the bars on the weekend. Sometimes what you really need after a hard week’s work is a good detox, a way to replenish and revitalize.
Welcome to the Downtown Detox. These tips will help you plan a weekend to restore your reserves so you start out again on Monday feeling great!
Respect Yourself with Clean Food
If your workweek means rushed dinners and takeout lunches, give yourself the revitalizing gift of some good food on your detox weekend.
- Get a bowl of miso soup and some green vegetables at Nikki’s or Yosake
- Make your pizza healthy with a cauliflower crust at NeMa
- A salad with chicken or shrimp is a clean way to revitalize. Get one at the Basics, the Copper Penny, or Platypus and Gnome
- Try the vegetarian plate at the Black Sea Grill
- Get a meal full of fresh local produce at Foxes Boxes
Add a Detoxing Yoga Workout to Your Weekend
Yoga is a popular way to work out and get centered. Try one of these yoga studios in downtown Wilmington on your detox weekend. Namaste!
Work Your Body
Even if you’re not a yoga devotee, you’ll want to get some exercise after a week at work.
- Take a walk! The Riverwalk is great for exercise and socializing.
- Get out your rollerblades and get downtown.
- There aren’t too many hills in Wilmington, but downtown between Water and Front Streets are some of the best. Run or walk them for a revitalizing workout.
Get Outdoors on Your Downtown Detox
Feeling cooped up? Getting outdoors is one of the best detox strategies.
- Stroll in the sun at Riverfront Park and the 1898 Memorial.
- There’s a North Waterfront Park now, too.
- Dram Tree Park has a boat launch for river adventures.
Take a Cruise on the Cape Fear River
For a step off the beaten path, step onto the Capt. J.N. Maffitt, John Knox and Jacob’s Run for a 1-hour narrated sightseeing cruise. Gorgeous natural scenery and amazing views of downtown Wilmington will help refresh your mind on your Downtown Detox weekend.
A river cruise is fun, relaxing, and educational! Bring along a healthy picnic and some spring water and enjoy your picnic on the water. Head down to the ticket booth on the Riverwalk at Dock and Water Streets, or book a cruise online.