Wilmington’s favorite festival is renowned for flowers and fun. Don’t miss our annual celebration of spring, heritage, and the showy shrub that fills the Port City with flowers each April. Here are a few fun things to do at the 2017 Azalea Festival:
Get Down with Azalea Festival Music
- The Temptations featuring Dennis Edwards: See the classic soul group at 8 p.m. April 5, 2017 at Kenan Auditorium.
- Cole Swindell with Michael Ray and CJ Solar: 7 p.m. April 6, 2017 at the Miller Lite Main Stage.
- Duran Duran With Special Guest: 7 p.m. April 7, 2017 at the Miller Lite Main Stage.
- Jason Derulo With Opening Act Morris Day And The Time: 7 p.m. April 8 at the Miller Lite Main Stage.
- Street Fair Music & Multicultural Stage: April 8, 2017. You’ll be dazzled by marchers, contemporary and classical music from Asia, Polynesia, Hawaii, Tahiti, Mexico, Japan, China, Burma, Latin America, the Middle East, Ireland, as well as Southern cloggers and more.
Spring into an Azalea Festival Tradition
- Cape Fear Garden Club Azalea Garden Tour: April 7-9, 2017 starting at 10 a.m. The Cape Fear Garden Club Azalea Garden Tour has been featured in Southern Living and is one of the most popular garden tours in the South.
- Parade: Stake out your spot April 8, 2017 for the Azalea Festival Parade with floats, marching units and bands, horses, Queen Azalea and her court, and the Azalea Festival Princess.
- Historic Home Tour: April 8-9, 2017 are the dates for the annual Home Tour by the Historic Wilmington Foundation.
- Fireworks: Gather at the Cape Fear River at 9 p.m. April 8, 2017 for the best view of the fireworks.
Step a Little Off the Beaten Path at the 2017 Azalea Festival
- Cirque Ma’Ceo: The gypsy-themed horse show is 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 7-9, 2017.
- Juried Art Show: See more than 100 North Carolina and national artists April 7-9, 2017.
- Coin Show: Kids get free foreign coins at the coin show April 8-9, 2017.
- Riverwalk Shag Contest…on the Banks of the Cape Fear: Dance away April 8-9, 2017 at the Hilton Wilmington Riverside Ballroom.
Start a New Tradition with an Azalea Festival Cruise on the Cape Fear River
The Azalea Festival brings Wilmington residents and visitors alike to the banks of the Cape Fear River. We at Cape Fear Riverboats would like to invite you to start a new Azalea Festival tradition by taking a sightseeing cruise while you’re downtown.
A 1-hour sightseeing cruise is a perfect Azalea festival activity:
- Rest your feet during a long Azalea Festival day
- Learn about local films, the Cape Fear River, and area wildlife
- Get the best-ever view of downtown Wilmington
- Bring along a snack or beverage
- Enjoy the scenery and quiet for a moment
Step down to our ticket booth on the Riverwalk at Dock and Water Streets, get tickets online, or call (910) 343-1611 to find out more. See you at the Azalea Festival!